The war in Viet Nam was one of the most important historical events of the 20th century. It brings to light the heroic struggle of Vietnamese people against foreign aggression, particularly the United States of America.
On May 2, 2015, The Viet Nam Victory Coalition (VNVC), formed in 2014, hosted a Community Event: “The Spirit of Viet Nam is Stronger than U.S. Bombs” – a day-full of cultural, educational & powerful sharing to mark the 40th anniversary of the US military’s forced departure from Viet Nam and international struggle for self-determination.
- Traditional Vietnamese performance by Nhàn Thanh Ngô,
- Spoken word by Phương Thảo Vương
- Poetry by Lincoln Bergman.
- Thuỳ Trang Nguyễn (VietUnity)
- Pam Tau Lee (Chinese Progressive Association)
- Rabab Abdulhadi (SFSU Ethnic Studies Department)
- Emory Douglas (former Minister of Culture of the Black Panther Party)
- Nhàn Thanh Ngô (Union of Vietnamese)
- Alex Hing (Rainbow Council of Elders)
- Prishni Murillo (Xicana Moratorium Coalition)